I am so excited to be posting my first gluten-free recipe. For years I have struggled with weight problems, bad break-outs and stomach pain. I blamed it on Crohn's disease. After going on a diet and deciding to eliminate bread just for the sake of losing weight I found that all my symptoms disappeared after a few months and the weight come off too. So I am learning to cook gluten free I will still post my regular recipes but with GF alternatives. You can make this recipe with regular flour as well.
Despite the fact that this recipe is low in sugar and has no butter they are the best blueberry muffins I have made. Even though I made them for myself the whole family gobbled them up.....
Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 1-3/4 Cup Gluten-free Multi-Purpose baking mix(Hodgson Mills)
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 tsp. Gluten-free baking powder(Rumford brand)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 Cup light sour cream
- 1/2 Cup 2% milk
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice and its zest
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup frozen blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a 12 hole muffin tin with paper liners or butter.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Fill the muffin tins with a few tablespoons of the batter then dop in 4-5 blueberries in and cover with more batter.
- Bake for 16 min. Note that GF flours don't brown like wheat flours do.
Shared at the wonderful link paries found Here!