Blast from the PastWhat could be better than a good old fashioned root beer float......Root Beer Float Cupcakes of course. These sweet confections are perfect for the kiddos, they love the little straws .......and adults love 'em too........me included. The cake is flavored with root beer concentrate the kind you use to make homemade root beer.....and the vanilla flavored frosting actually looks like soft serve ice cream setting on top. They are fun to eat and easy to make.........and will make you want to put on your bobby socks and do the mashed potato : )
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes
- Cake Batter
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. root beer concentrate
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Vanilla Frosting
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter(softened)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time until combined.
- Next add root beer concentrate and vanilla extract.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk ending with the flour mixture.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into each cupcake liner and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before icing.
- For the frosting combine the butter and the powdered sugar with an electric mixer then add the heavy cream and vanilla, and beat for 1 minute.
Shared at the wonderful link parties found HERE