Ready in 1 hour
You are gonna love this recipe it's so easy and the best part is you'll be serving up hot delicious bread sticks to your family in one hour. And you can make them a little more healthy by leaving out the butter and just using Olive oil. Or you can go the other way and cover them with mozzarella cheese in the last 10 minutes of cooking which I highly recommend : )
Easy Bread Sticks
- 1 1/2 cup warm water(115 degrees)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. dry active yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter(melted)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Lawry's garlic salt
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- corn meal
- Combine water, sugar and yeast and allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, combine yeast mixture with flour adding the flour 1 cup at a time. Mix on medium speed for 8 minutes. Let the dough rest in the mixing bowl for 5-10 minutes.
- Work the dough into a smooth ball and roll dough out into a rectangle. Sprinkle corn meal onto a jelly roll pan to prevent dough from sticking. (NOTE I also use a sil pat)
- Place the dough onto the baking sheet and brush with melted butter and olive oil. Then sprinkle with garlic salt, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Using a pizza cutter cut the sticks to the size you want.
- Place the bread sticks into a 170 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Then turn the oven up to 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.