Simple Supper Ideas
If your looking for a simple light pasta dish look no further......this dish got 100 thumbs up from my five your old. The last few years we have really cut back on our meat intake....I wouldn't call us true vegetarians if I had to put a label on us I'd say we're 80/20. I still use bacon and chicken stock to flavor soups and casseroles. So if your looking to cut back on meat to, this is a great dish to start with. That little bit of bacon on top will keep your family freakin out about it : )
Cannellini Beans and Pasta
- 12 oz package No Yolks noodles(wide)
- 15 oz can cannellini beans(rinsed and drained)
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup celery(chopped)
- 1 cup onion(chopped)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles meanwhile....
- In a dutch oven or heavy pan cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Remove all but 1 Tbsp. of the bacon grease and add olive oil. Cook the onions and celery until translucent.
- Add the flour and seasonings and cook for 1 minute.
- De glaze the pan with the chicken broth and continue adding the broth and stirring to make a thin rue.
- Now add the tomato paste, sugar and the beans. Then add the noodles(cooked al dente) adding pasta water if needed. At this point you can add cheese if you like, Romano or Parmesan.
- Serve with bacon crumbles on top.