A Healthy Side DishIf your looking for a simple healthy side dish for your Fourth of July picnics and Bar-B-Qs this is it. Its made with pre-made broccoli slaw mix, green onions, nuts, ramen noodles and dressed with a tangy sweet vinaigrette. This recipe does call for sugar but you could substitute spenda or what ever you like to sweeten it.......... And since its best when made the day before serving, you'll have more time to visit with your guest on the day of your party........
- 1- 12 oz Package of broccoli slaw
- 2- 3 oz packages of ramen noodles(broken into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 green onions and tops(chopped)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 chicken flavor packages (from the ramen noodles)
- For the slaw: Combine the first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- For the dressing: Combine the vinegar, olive oil, sugar and chicken flavor packages.
- Stir dressing into the slaw and refrigerate overnight.
Shared with the link parties found here