A Healthy Easy Summer Salad
This is one of my favorite salads to make in the summer time. It's so light and refreshing....the orange-honey dressing is sweet and tangy, it goes just perfectly with the strawberries, cantaloupe and fresh baby spinach .......and for a change try using raspberries and honey dew melon.......... The best part about this recipe is how easy it is........Whether you are making it as a side for a big meal or as a meal in itself this salad is sure to be a big hit this summer........
- 1/4 cup orange Juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 10 oz. bag baby spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (or your favorite berry)
- 1/2 of a cantaloupe (or your favorite melon)
- 2 green onions
- Combine the first four ingredients together to make the dressing.
- Cut cantaloupe into bite sized pieces or use a small melon baller.
- Cut the strawberries into bite size pieces.
- Slice the green onions and their tops very thinly.
- Place spinach into a very large bowl and toss with the dressing, melon, strawberry and onions.
- Refrigerate for several hours to allow flavors to meld together.
For the printer friendly recipe click here
One...make melon balls....2 quater fresh strawberries.......3 chop green onion....Four add fresh spinach and toss with Orange honey dressing......easy as 1,2,3.......4
Shared at the link parties found here