Tips and Recipes
In the fall my husband built us a brick oven. He is very handy.....We can prepare, cook and eat the entire meal outside. Although the first few times we attempted it we had scrambled pizza. I takes a little practice to get it right. One thing I have noticed is that the dough makes a difference. It needs to be really sturdy. Here are a few recipes for my favorite dough, sauce and some tips for getting a brick oven style pizza from your home oven....
RecipesPizza Dough Printer Friendly
1. In a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, add water sugar and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Then add the oil, flour and salt; mix on low for about 4 minutes. Stop when a ball forms.
3. Place the ball into a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise for 24 hours in the refrigerator before using.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Separate int0 4 pieces. Using a rolling pin roll dough out into 16" circles.
5. Dust the pizza peel(or pizza pan) with cornmeal.
6. Top pizzas as you wish and bake:
Pizza Sauce Printer Friendly
Mix everything together and refrigerate overnight.
Enter for a chance to win a set of spices from Mountain rose herbs at this weeks Link Party 05/18-05/22.
If you are interested in building you own brick oven. We got our specs for a Pompei style 36" brick oven from: Forno Bravo