|This year send a|
Instead of the traditional card.
Add recipe cards and cute
cookie cutters, and you'll have the
perfect gift..for teachers, Moms
and Sisters...they're super
sweet and super easy...
1. Draw a 6x6 heart on a piece of heavy sew-on interfacing.
Draw stitch lines.
2. Line up 2 fabrics right sides together.
3. lay pattern over fabric place 1/4" from line. Make sure
that when your fabric opens it will fit the pattern.
4. Sew on the line. 5. Press open.
6. Fold back the next line and cut the excess fabric 1/4"
from pattern fold. Place your next piece under it right sides together.
Unfold pattern piece and sew on the line.
7. Press open. 8. Cut out heart. 9. Blanket stitch heart to a
8x8" square. Tip: Iron freezer paper to the bottom before
machine appliqueing for stability, then tear away.
Last layer back batting and top. I use old blue jeans in my
pot-holders to make them thicker and cotton batting, it won't
melt. They do make a batting especially for pot-holders.
Now have fun quilting and adding decorative stitches.(see c)
And get ready to add the :
1.Start at the top where you want the loop to end up.