- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar (for coating)
1. Cream butter and 1-1/2 cups of sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs and extracts.
3. Sift together flour, powder and salt and add to the butter mixture, stir until combined.
4. Form balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Sil-Pat.
5. Press cookies using the botton of a drinking glass that has been dipped into water and then into the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar.
6. Bake for 9-10 minutes in a 350 degree pre-heated oven. Place cookies on a wire rack to cool.
Makes 3 dozen