- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 c. buttermilk*
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9x5" loaf pan with buttered parchment
paper. It is important that you have your pan and oven ready when the batter is
prepared, because the soda and vinegar will begin to rise immediately.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and baking soda.
3. Beat egg and buttermilk together and add to the flour mixture. Stir by hand
4. Last stir in the melted butter and pour into the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the
middle. Cool on a wire rack.
* Buttermilk substitute:
2 tbs. vinegar to 2 cup whole milk let stand for 5 min.