- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. bread flour
- 1/2 c. quick oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1-3/4 c. buttermilk
- 1 Tbs. vinegar
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter(melted)
- 2 Tbs. cornmeal for dusting baking sheet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the vinegar, buttermilk and butter to the flour mixture and
stir just until combined.
4. On a floured surface divide dough in half and forn 2 balls. Place
on a baking sheet that has been dusted with cornmeal and cut an X on
the tops of the dough.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 2 loaves.
Link to original post