- 1 c. warm water(115 degrees)
- 1/4 c. honey
- 3 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter(melted)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. bread flour
- 1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
- vegetable oil(for pan)
- extra flour for kneading
1. Add honey to the warm water and stir until dissolved. Then add the yeast and allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment mix yeast mixture, egg, salt and melted butter(not over 115 degrees).
3. Now gradually add the flours.
4. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes.
5. Turn dough out on to a floured surface and knead into a ball. Place ball in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, coating the dough and the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or towel and let rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
6. Prepare a muffin pan by lightly coating each hole with oil.
7. Punch down the dough and squeeze out 1-1/2" sized balls and place 2 in each hole of the muffin pan. Cover and let rise for one more hour or until double in size.
8. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake rolls for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 12 rolls