Yields: 1 Dozen
Prep time: 8 minutes
Total cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 4 cups Self-rising flour
1. In a Large bowl cream together potatoes, eggs, sugar and butter.
2. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time.
3. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead into a ball.
4. Roll out with a rolling pin to about 3/4" thickness and cut out using
a large mouth mason jar. Cut the centers using a liquid medicine measuring
cup. Or use your fancy donut nut cutter.
5. In a dutch oven or heavy pot heat 4 " of frying oil to 350 degrees.
6. Carefully place donuts in the hot oil 3 or 4 at a time cook 2 minutes
on each side. Be sure you maintain 350 degrees as you fry each batch.
7. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar or powdered sugar(While Hot)