- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 c. of nuts (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a 9x5" loaf pan.
3. Cream together butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs.
4. Combine the flour, soda and salt and add to the butter mixture.
5. Last add the mashed bananas and nuts.
6. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
7. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Then let cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
Makes 1 loaf.