- 4 cups of beet juice*
- 1 package of fruit pectin(sure-Jell)
- 1-3 ounce package of black cherry jello
- 3 tbs. lemon juice
- 6 cups sugar
1. In a heavy large pot. Bring beet juice to a boil.
2. Add pectin, jello and lemon juice. Stir until dissolved.
3. Slowly add the sugar and bring to a rolling boil for 2 minutes. Being careful not to boil over.
4. Skim off the foam and pour the jelly into prepared jars* and process in a hot water bath,* place
lids on immediately and tighten. Leave in the water bath until water is completely cooled. Lids should
pop and should not flex up and down when pressed.
Makes 3 pints
Peel and quarter 5-6 cups of beets, place in a heavy pot and fill with water 2" above the beets. Boil until they are fork tender. After liquid has cooled strain the juice off. If you have less than 4 cups, add water. Save the beets for other recipes.
Wash and sterilize jars in the dish washer or place jars in a pot of boiling water for a minute and remove with tongs.
*Hot water bath
Place jars in a pot and fill with boiling water at least half way up the jar(with heat off).